Monday, May 13, 2013

New IDPT Graduates and a Teaching Award

Here is a photo from graduation yesterday - the first cohort of graduates in the IDPT MS Degree at Franklin! I was glad to work with each of these excellent students.

Me (Joel Gardner) with graduates Angie Newman, Sonya Overstreet, and Audrey McAfee

(In my mind I imagine myself with more hair than this photo clearly highlights, but it seems to be slowly leaving me. Alas.)

Robert L Bailey Award
At this graduation, I was also awarded Franklin University's Robert L. Bailey Teaching Award for Winter 2013. My plaque reads, "In recognition of being selected by graduating students as the graduate faculty member who had the most significant influence on their educational experience." I was honored (and surprised) to receive the award and enjoyed speaking briefly at the graduation ceremony.

No comments: