- Purposeful – we must focus on our goals. We cannot be distracted by the ancillary. If there is no focused purpose, there is no success.
- Respectful – we must be respectful of one another. We avoid useless gossip and focus on success.
- Open – we must have no secrets. We must share knowledge openly and work together in an open, positive manner to achieve our goals.
- Collaborative – we must build off our teammates strengths and successes. We work to support one another in our work in the program.
- Constructive – we are proactive and focus on solutions. We focus on reaching goals and fixing problems.
To use these principles effectively, each team member must work to build a level of self-confidence and inner assurance, which will act as a foundation for these principles. If you have found yourself struggling within your team, I recommend that you take a close look at yourself and make sure that you are using these principles effectively to achieve success in your work.