Thursday, April 10, 2014

Using the Power of Positive Affirmations


Having a positive attitude is absolutely critical to success. A positive attitude gives us the fire and energy necessary to move forward in the face of opposition. However, it seems that we live in a mostly negative world, and we are bombarded with negative, defeating messages. If we are not careful, we may unconsciously accept these messages as truth, thereby decreasing our sense of personal power. It is absolutely critical that we develop habits that help us build positive, empowering beliefs about ourselves and the world we live in.

Use Positive Affirmations
One way to combat negativity and build positive beliefs and energy in your life is through Positive Affirmations. Positive Affirmations are positive, present-tense phrases that affirm strengths and infuse the mind with empowering beliefs. I have worked on developing and using these messages over the years, and over the past several months I have used them almost daily. I have found affirmations can bring an instant sense of empowerment, and if used regularly they can positively influence our overall view of life.

How to Create and Use Affirmations
Based on my experience, the following strategies are helpful in creating and using positive affirmations to improve attitudes and beliefs
When writing affirmations:
  • Use the present tense using terms such as "I am" or "I have."
  • State the affirmation as if the desired state is already attained. 
  • Make the affirmation concise. It should be one sentence long.
When reciting affirmations:
  • Recite the affirmation when you wake up in the morning
  • Stand or sit in a confident poise
  • Smile with sincerity
  • Breathe deeply
  • State the affirmation with confidence
  • Recite affirmations daily

Example Affirmations

I have used the following affirmations in my own life (among others) and have found them to bring me a great deal of positive energy.
  • I succeed and excel at everything I apply myself to.
  • I always have a positive attitude and bring light and happiness into others' lives each and every day.
  • I am a child of God, and as one of His children, I am endowed with the seeds of greatness.
  • I am willing to pay the price to receive blessings in my life.
I have found that reciting these and (several other) affirmations regularly has given me immediate positive energy. And over time, it has infused empowering beliefs into my mind, giving me a greater sense of confidence. I highly recommend writing and using affirmations!

No comments: