Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Hiking in Dry Canyon

My brother in law Chris and I went on an outstanding hike last week and I thought I would share some pictures of the experience here.

We woke up at 4 am to start the hike. We began hiking at 4:30 am. Here I am still waking up at the trail head.
This is Chris as the sun was rising over Cache Valley (in the background). It was really cool to be there while the sun was coming up. It is a beautiful canyon.
Here I am later in the day as we continued to gain altitude in our hike. I think my socks look totally goofy in this picture.

We hiked north along the Syncline Trail and eventually crested the ridge between Dry Canyon and Logan Canyon. This is the view down into Logan Canyon and Cache Valley. Chris is the small do on the ridge on the left of the photograph.
I really enjoyed the hike. We covered about 13 miles total and had an outstanding time. Every once in a while I experience something like this - a clear, purifying experience in nature. I can't wait to get up into the canyon again!






No comments: