Thursday, June 11, 2015

How to Teach Like an Award-winning Instructor

What do highly-recognized instructors do? In this blog post, I will point you to some resources that outline how several excellent, award-wining faculty members at a large university use research-based strategies for effective instruction.



First Principles of Instruction
Initially, I set out to discover how well these teachers utilize known principles of instruction. I found that they were definitely using these strategies, and they also possessed characteristics and traits that really helped facilitate student learning and move them forward in their learning.


I also recently gave a presentation on some of these findings at the Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Conference and have shared my slides below.

No comments: