|Here are our 5 kids - a photo from last autumn.|
|Here are four of the kids looking at the bison in Battelle Darby Creek Park.|
Future Writing on This Blog
As I review my blog, I have noticed that I tend to write about learning, teaching, instructional design, and leadership. I have also shared some of my travel experiences, including trips overseas, conferences, and my 2014 sabbatical.
These are important, and I will continue to write about these topics. But I have decided to shift my focus a little bit to some things I have been thinking about for the last several months. These include the following topics:
- Humor. I've noted before that I consider myself a slightly boring writer. My hope is that I can lighten up a little. We will see - most likely there will be a minor, almost unnoticed uptick in funniness.
- Artwork. I have been experimenting off and on with artwork, and I plan to share some of my dabbling from time to time. Also, I think artwork will be a key aspect of my future blogging. Hopefully this all falls under the increasingly nebulous topic of "learning success."
- Books I am reading. I already share the books I am reading here, but I rarely write a review of these books. I've received some requests from authors to review some books in the recent past, and I plan to do so. I will also review other books as I feel inspired or see fit.
- Mental and Physical Health. I have written about this off and on in the past (share relevant blog posts) but will likely write more about them in the near future.
- Time Management. I have been thinking and writing about it off and on for a while and have organized some thoughts, recently. (This is likely a direct result of having increased the number of children in our home by 4). I will share ideas on this topic, too.
And, of course, I will continue to write about Learning and Teaching on this blog - topics that I am passionate and excited about.
Thanks for reading!
Thanks for reading!